ESTABLISHED OVER 18 YEARS AGO
Turn messy mud into objects of your own creation in small, friendly classes.
The Great Pottery Throw Down returns Thursday 2nd February at 8pm on BBC Two!Read More ›
The best contemporary craft show in the North returns to Manchester this week. At Old Granada Studios 6-9th October (Thursday […]Read More ›
The finale of Great Pottery Throw Down aired this week and it was a tense episode and a close call […]Read More ›
"What I get out of pottery is a chance to express myself in a fun and rewarding way. From Wendy I learn so many new and varied techniques that I can take forward from project to project to create whatever I can think of. Everyone is really friendly; definitely one of the highlights of my week!"
"For me pottery is a two hour escape from my normal life where I can be creative and learn some new skills. The two hours go so quickly and because its so engrossing its also very relaxing enabling me to switch off from daily life and just focus on what I'm making. Its also a chance to meet new people and enjoy a relaxed and friendly environment. In short, I love it!"
"I look forward to pottery because it gives me the opportunity and time to concentrate on something outside of daily concerns. Handling the clay is relaxing and restorative. The sessions also provide a supportive environment to develop creativity and challenge personal perceptions of skills and abilities."
"What I enjoy about pottery is that it's a versatile, relaxing and non-competitive hobby. Building with clay is accessible to anyone and the process brings about concrete satisfaction for it allows free running exploitation of personal creativity."
Check back often for new courses! All our classes are for over 18s only.
- Throwing and making and decorating something creatively!
- Next sessions: Saturday 29th July, Sunday 20th August, Saturday 7th October
- Starting 14th August OR 23rd August
- £1.70 per lb (half kg) for finished pots
- Throwing tuition is included on all our courses.
- Once you have decided, book quickly to avoid disappointment
- Intensive weekend for complete beginners 21/22 October
- 10am - 4pm each day
- Six 2 hour sessions paid in advance
- £1.70 per lb (half kg) for finished pots.
- Ongoing classes for people with some experience
- FULL, get in touch for waiting list.
- Open day: come make what you want, practice throwing, finish glazing your dinner set. No tuition, just pottery. Book in advance.
- For intermediate potters only.
- More sessions to be announced
- To be announced...
- Get in touch to request a workshop.